Welcome to my Blog....a little piece of my crazy world!

My name is Alicia Giess and I am thrilled to be able to share a little part of my life with you, i.e. my passions such as my family and friends, my faith and my scrapbooking hobby.

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me with a wonderful, loving husband and four beautiful children. I love my life and am so thankful for how much I have been blessed.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Traditions!

I am such a huge believer in family traditions. This is one that we started last year. Afte we go to the Christmas tree farm and pick out our family Christmas tree, we stop at this abandoned railroad track and take the kids' photo. Chase tried to get me to skip this tradition, but the girls were on my side, and Mike knows this is my favorite part of the day too. So...we stopped, and I snapped 2 photos of the kids by the tracks. Chase wouldn't get on the tracks this year since he heard it was against the law! LOL! After we leave the farm, take the photo on the tracks, we then go to Applebees for dinner. This is really the only time we go out to eat as a family all year long so you can imagine, it is a treat for all of us. What a great day, spending time together, during this magical season.

3 comments:

  1. What a great tradition! You have such a beautiful family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at Chase not getting on the tracks. Definitely a first born following the rules (like me). :) I think this is a wonderful tradition, Alicia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo and a lovely tradition! Hope you had a great meal :)

    ReplyDelete