Welcome to my Blog....a little piece of my crazy world!

My name is Alicia Giess and I am thrilled to be able to share a little part of my life with you, i.e. my passions such as my family and friends, my faith and my scrapbooking hobby.

About Me

My photo
God has blessed me with a wonderful, loving husband and four beautiful children. I love my life and am so thankful for how much I have been blessed.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Our evening....





So I came home from work and found that Candace had burned the hamburger for our spaghetti, but she managed to "pick" out the burnt pieces enough to salvage it. Mike and Carmen were at a rainy, muddy, cold soccer game, and I headed out to take Cara and Candace to their game. On the way to the game, we get a call from the coach because, apparently, Candace forgot to tell me the game had been moved to 5:15 and we missed the game. Fortunately, the other team decided not to show so our absence didn't hurt too much. Grr....when is that girl going to learn to be responsible? I really ask myself this question several times a day. We turn around and come home to finish the spaghetti. It tasted a little "smoked" from the burnt hamburger, but it was edible. Then, after dinner, after an episode of 24, Chase went upstairs for awhile. He then came down with several of the Dr. Seuss books that I used to read to him when he was little, sitting on my lap. Apparently, he has to come up with a children's book for speech class. His favorite book was Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? He couldn't find that one, but he came down with The Tooth Book. Waxing nostalgic, he can no longer sit on my lap, but he stood beside me as I read, once again, The Tooth Book to him. It brought back memories...lots of memories. We, as a family, sat around for over an hour and just remembered things when the kids were smaller. Where does time go? It reminds me that I need to hug them a little more, read to them, pray with them, take time to thank God for the miracles He has given me.

1 comment:

  1. We loved Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? too! Funny that you mention responsibility. I'm working on a LO about it right now. It's such a big issue and so frustrating too!

    ReplyDelete